Essential Banking Services
Safeguarding the health and safety of our customers and employees remain our priority. All our branches and service centres remain closed and we encourage our customers to bank from home for everyday banking during the lockdown period enforced by the government.
We will be providing the following essential services on banking days, from 9.30am to
12.00pm during the lockdown period.
- For international transfers (TTs), customers are requested to email the completed TT Application Form with the relevant supporting documents, eg invoice, to [email protected] or to submit a request for TT through internet banking.
- TT/LCs received by 11am will be processed on the same day.
- Payroll requests will be accepted via email. Details of the documents required are available here
- Payroll requests to BML accounts received by 11am will be processed on the same day.
- Payroll request received to other bank accounts will be processed on the same day if received by 10am.
Cheque processing for ATM cheques
- All clearing cheques (other bank) deposited to ATMs will be sent for clearing on the next working day.
- BML cheques deposited before 11.30am will be processed on the same day.
Local bank transfers
- ACH requests received through internet banking by 10am will be processed on the same day.
- RTGS (transfers above MVR100,000) requests received through internet banking by 11.30am will be processed on the same day.
- MRTGS requests received by email ([email protected]) by 11.30am will be processed on the same day.
If requests are received after the cut-off times, these will be processed on the next working day.