Features to help keep you safe
We have taken important steps to ensure that your money is safe.
- You have the control to all your cards. You can choose to freeze or block cards instantly via internet or mobile banking app if you think it might be lost, stolen or compromised.
- You will receive push notifications on your BML Mobile Banking app for all transactions
- You will receive email notifications for any new logins to your Internet Banking
Failed login attempt alerts
- Email alerts will be received for all failed login attempts on Internet Banking and after 3 consecutive failed login attempts, disabling your Internet Banking until you reset it on the log-in page
Authenticator to generate OTPs
- You can use any authenticator as a more secure method to generate One Time Passwords (OTP) for account transfers as we have disabled email OTP as a default channel.
OTP for QR payments
- We have enabled OTPs for all QR payments from your BML Mobile Banking app
2FA for online banking logins
- We have introduced Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for Mobile Banking logins. With the new update, an extra layer of security will be added to verify that the login is by the registered customer.
- The ‘Kill Switch’ is a single action which allows customers to immediately log out of all active Internet and Mobile Banking sessions as well as freeze their cards in case of scams, preventing any further transactions from taking place.
TIP: Change your banking password regularly, and when setting a new password, remember to set one that would be difficult for others to guess