You can now open your Wadi'ah Personal Current Account from our BML Islamic Male’ Branch or from any of our Atoll-based Branches available nationwide.
The Wadi'ah Personal Account is fully Shari’ah-Compliant and is based on the Islamic principle of Wadi’ah Yad al-Dhamana (guaranteed safe custody). Funds deposited with BML Islamic accounts are maintained in a separate fund pool and will be used for Shari’ah-compliant purposes in accordance with Shari’ah compliance standards. The funds will be invested in halal activities with utmost care and due diligence.
Our wide branch, ATM and Point-of-Sale (POS) networks makes it very convenient to pay for goods and services as well as have easy access to cash and other services.
• Fully Shari’ah-Compliant and based on the Islamic principle of Wadi’ah Yad al-Dhamana (guaranteed safe custody)
• Available in MVR and USD currencies
We also provide wide range of banking facilities including;
• Chequebook facility
• Internet Banking and Mobile Banking App
• BML Islamic Visa Debit Card
• Standing Instructions services
• Remittance and international trade services
• Utility bill payments
• Demand draft facility
• Advice on Islamic banking solutions
Review the Account Opening Checklist and make sure to submit all the required documents.
Please allow up to 5 working days for your account to be opened. Once the account has been opened, you will receive an SMS to your phone with your account number.