Banking services available online
With the measures implemented by the Health Protection Agency and in line with the announcement by the Maldives Monetary Authority, changes to banking services from 27th May to 10th June 2021 are as follows:
- All branches and service centres including the Customer Service Centre will be closed. Safeguarding the health and safety of our customers and employees remain our priority and we encourage customers to bank from home for everyday banking.
- Customers who have permission from authorities can continue to use ATMs for cash withdrawal and deposits. The daily deposit limit is MVR 100,000 for individuals and MVR 500,000 for businesses.
- To ensure continued support to customers, Bank of Maldives will be providing essential services online on all weekdays. This includes processing requests for international transfers and payroll processing via email, and processing of BML cheques deposited at ATMs.
For international transfers (TTs), customers are requested to email the completed TT Application Form with the relevant supporting documents, eg invoice, to [email protected] or to submit a request for TT through internet banking.
- TT/LCs received by 11am will be processed on the same day.
Payroll requests will be accepted via email. Details of the documents required are available here
- Payroll requests to BML accounts received by 12pm will be processed on the same day.
- Payroll request received to other bank accounts will be processed on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday if received by 11am.
Local bank transfers
Requests will be processed on each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday throughout the period:
ACH requests received through internet banking by 11am will be processed on the same day.
- RTGS (transfers above MVR100,000) requests received through internet banking by 11am will be processed on the same day.
- MRTGS requests received by email ([email protected]) by 11am will be processed on the same day.
Cheque processing for ATM cheques
- BML cheques deposited to ATMs before 12pm will be processed on the same day on all weekdays.
- In line with MMA’s banking days, all clearing cheques deposited to ATMs before 10am on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday will be presented for clearing on same day.
If requests are received after the cut-off times, these will be processed on the next working day.