EXECUTIVE GROOMING PROGRAMME
1. The Board has approved an Executive Grooming Programme for Bank’s staff to equip them with necessary skills and knowledge to occupy Corporate Management Positions of the Bank in future.
The candidates for the Grooming Programme are proposed to be selected from the following pool of officers;
a) Undergraduate staff with a minimum of 10 years of service as an officer of the Bank and had occupied a position of manager or above;
b) Graduate and postgraduate staff who have put in a minimum of five years of service (excluding study period/maternity leave/other long leaves with the exception of annual leave) who had served as a deputy officer or above.
2. The grooming programme involves the following stages:
2.1 Selection process;
2.2 Acquiring Certification in Banking;
2.3 Acquiring graduation;
2.4 Exposure in designated positions within the Bank with an appraisal process and;
2.5 Exposure at international banks with an appraisal process.
3. The selection procedure involves the following steps:
a) Review of past five year’s appraisal reports;
b) Evaluating outstanding achievements of the officer;
c) Performance in the interview and;
d) Presentation on a selected topic before the Interview Committee.
4. The Bank proposes to select at least six prospective candidates for the Executive Grooming Programme through the selection procedure. The successful candidates shall be put on a grooming programme comprising of the steps detailed from 2.2 to 2.5 in this communication.
5. The cost of the certification and graduation programmes will be reimbursed by the Bank in full upon successful completion.
6. During the first three years of the grooming programme, the selected candidates will be rotated among different departments within the Bank to enable them to gain knowledge and insight into the working of various arms of the Bank. After the three year period, the selected candidates will be sent abroad for a two year stint with some of the overseas Banks to gain international exposure. During the entire five year period of grooming, the selected candidates shall be subjected to periodical assessments through confidential reports from the specified authorities to monitor the progress made by them.
7. Upon successful completion of the grooming programme, at the end of the five year period, the successful candidates shall be considered for appointment to Corporate Management Positions subject to availability of posts. If posts are not readily vacant, the candidates will be wait-listed to be considered as and when a vacancy arises. In filling up the corporate management positions, the candidates will be prioritized as per the ranks obtained by them in the internal evaluations during the grooming programme. If any candidate is considered for elevation to the level of Chief Officer or above, the candidate will be first posted as an understudy to the existing incumbent for a period of one year before finally getting appointed to the respective post.
The Board is confident of elevating Maldivians to the highest level of management in the Bank through the Executive Grooming Programme.